Specific objectives of the symposium are:
- Enhance the understanding of the key challenges involved in multi-scale modelling of industrial fluids systems and the different approaches that are being pursued in various research groups around the world
- Facilitate the formation of an international network of researchers working the field,
- Encourage national and international collaboration in the field
- Provide a better understanding of the pros and cons of the different approaches being pursued for multi-scale modelling, and
- Encourage interaction between early career researchers and leading experts from around the world, both as information exchange but also as seeding for on-going collaboration.